Environmental policy & ISO 14001
In 2008 we were delighted to become the first business in our sector to achieve ISO 14001, the internationally-recognised standard for environmental management.
Firstly it has given us a practical framework to fulfil our environmental responsibilities. But it has also improved our business by helping us use resources more efficiently; reducing energy use, waste, and raw materials costs.
In 2012 we have had our ISO 14001 registration renewed, and have been commended on the progress we’ve made.
Through our environmental policy we’ve made a public commitment to:
- meet all relevant environmental legal requirements and exceed them where we can;
- reduce our waste and manage it well;
- be vigilant in avoiding the risk of pollution;
- use resources as efficiently as possible.
Just some of our recent practical initiatives include:
- creating reusable stillages to despatch products to key customers, reducing packaging;
- changing to low wattage lamps, and installing motion sensors, to reduce electricity wastage;
- recycling our waste PVC, to reduce the amount being sent to landfill.